Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Booster Serum Review
The purpose of this serum is to help your skin retain moisture. It does so using hyaluronic acid and red marine algae.
The standard size for the product is a 30ml tube. With daily use, this tube lasts me for about 6 months (but I only use it on select areas of my face and not as an all over serum).
Instructions say to apply a small amount over entire face before applying a moisturizer. The serum provides below-surface hydration and is not a substitute for topical moisturizing creams. The package claims that using the product increases the skin’s ability to retain moisture over time and reduces the amount of topical moisturizers needed to maintain ideal skin hydration. The serum is a clear gel that has the consistency of a light glue (in terms of viscosity). It isn’t sticky upon contact or application and there isn’t any noticeable scent to it.
After applying the product, it takes about 2-3 minutes for the product to absorb. Most people suggest gently patting serums in (as opposed to rubbing or massaging it in) and that is what I do. After the product sets in, my skin underneath feels just a tiny bit tight, kind of like as though there was a very light film of clear glue dried over my skin. As the packaging suggests, you should follow up with applying a moisturizer on top of this product, as it is not a standalone product. Applying a moisturizer over top effectively eradicates that dried glue feel.
I usually use this product in the evening, before bed. The next morning, I always wake up with more moisturized skin. Back when I first moved to the UK, my forehead got super dry and flaky. I was introduced to this product in my search for a solution (having read about it on a prominent UK skincare blogger’s site: http://www.carolinehirons.com/2012/08/hall-of-fame-hydraluron.html). Using this product really helped to get rid of the flakiness and to get my skin back to its more natural state. Using just a moisturizer alone never achieved that effect. Now, I use this under my eyes and on my eyelids to help keep it moisturized (without having to use a really oily/heavy moisturizer) and to keep fine lines at bay.
- This product is moderately priced in comparison to other hyaluronic acid serums ($25CAD at select Shoppers Drug Marts).
- The squeeze tube allows me to disperse just the right amount that I need. The squeeze tube also helps prevent contaminating the rest of the product.
- The consistency of the product is just right – it’s not too thin such that it risks running all over the place before you can get it on to your face, nor too thick such that you have trouble spreading it.
- It’s a Canadian product!
- It can be kind of difficult to find. Not all Shoppers Drug Marts carry it and I don’t know of other retailers that do.
Definitely yes! It’s effective and moderately priced!
- This is a great product to help treat dry spots/areas on your face.
- You don’t need to apply this product all over the face as the package suggests, using it as a spot treatment is fine!
- Pair it with a good water based moisturizer and you’re in good hands!