Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum Review
The purpose of the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum is to help reduce the effects of aging and the environment on the skin (ie. fine lines, sagginess, dullness, dehydration), by using a formulation that includes Jurlique’s Naturadiance PB18+ (a combo of antioxidant-rich botanical extracts), niacinamide and squalane.
This serum comes in a 30 and 100 mL pump glass bottle with a clear protective cap. The photo below is a 15 mL travel size that is part of the three-piece Jurlique Beloved Bestsellers Set, which I can’t seem to find online but did see at my local Sephora store at West Edmonton Mall.
Instructions say to apply 1-2 pumps to fingertips, then to press over face, neck, and décolletage twice a day.
When using the Advanced Serum, I find that one pump is enough to cover my entire face and neck. The consistency is like a thin cream, and glides smoothly onto the face. The product manages to be non-sticky, leaves my skin feeling plump and dewy, while smelling like peonies. I thought that the smell would be a detractor from the quality of the product, as fragranced skincare usually leaves my skin angry and red. However, this is not the case with this product – not only am I left with glowing skin, I also smell like flowers!
- This serum truly packs a punch with its extensive ingredients list of botanical extracts. I love that niacinamide and squalane are in there as well. Antioxidants is king in the anti-aging realm, so for a product that is meant for this purpose, Jurlique really took their bananas seriously.
- The pump glass bottle is great in that it protects the product from contamination.
- I love the smell and the fact that it doesn’t detract from the product! (Not to mention that peonies are my favorite flower.)
- The price point is pretty steep – at $64 CAD/$56 USD for the 30 mL and $150 USD for the 100 mL, peeps on the lookout for a serum may want to look at alternatives for a comparable product. However, if you really want to try this serum, the Beloved Bestsellers Set goes for $43 CAD/$37 USD and is worth it for the serum alone.
- The glass bottle is actually kind of heavy compared to other items in my toiletry kit. When travelling, this can be a downer if weight is super important for your pack/luggage.
- Use with an essence to fully reap the benefits of this product. The essence will penetrate, hydrate, and pave the way for the Advanced Serum’s super antioxidant boost!