Yon-Ka Invigorating Mist Review
The purpose of this product is to refresh, tone, hydrate and energize the skin using natural essential oils such as lavender, rosemary and thyme.
The Yon-Ka Invigorating Mist comes in a 200 mL glass spray bottle. As far as I know, there is no travel size available for this product.
The instructions for using this product is to spray onto the face and neck after cleansing twice daily, then using the “effleurage” technique to massage in the excess. If you have no idea what “effleurage” means, neither did I until using this product – it’s to massage using your palms in a circular motion. I haven’t looked into why effleurage would be an effective technique, but I do prefer to pat product down to avoid tugging (a method I’ve borrowed from the Koreans).
It’s pretty straight forward to apply this product. I use 4-5 sprays to cover my entire face by going in a triangle – cheek, forehead, other cheek, front of neck and back of neck. As I mentioned above, I pat, not effleurage. The feel of this product is light and non-sticky. I find that the spray nozzle tends to release bigger and more concentrated droplets on my face, and for this reason I can see how some might find this heavier and stickier than other toners. I actually have a small spray bottle I purchased from Muji that mists out the product with much finer droplets, so I feel this is more an issue of spray nozzle than the product itself.
- I really like that this toner comes in a spray bottle. Not only does it minimize contamination of the product, it also minimizes waste from using cotton pads that’s the norm for applying toner. This also means saving on product! Not using cotton pads also means reducing tugging action on the skin, which is another way to prevent wrinkles.
- I didn’t think that essential oils can be applied in toner format! It’s cool that this toner packs a punch with all the different essential oils but in a way that’s light and non-sticky.
- The price comes steep at $45 CAD per bottle. However because it’s a spray bottle it’s taking me a while to get through. I purchased my bottle back in April and there is still a little more than half left.
- It’s not available through major cosmetic retailers like Sephora. It takes some hunting down as Yon-Ka is sold through authorized retailers.
- Transfer some toner into a travel size spray bottle to take with you on the go! I love using this on hot summer days and post-gym.