Shangpree Pore Tightening Mask Review
The Shangpree Pore Tightening Mask is meant to clear and tighten pores, as well as to hydrate the skin. This is done using Kaolin clay, Natural Moisturizing Factors (NMF), and hyaluronic acid.
This mask comes in a 100 g plastic tube. The pics below shows an older packaging that came with a Shangpree Deluxe Home Spa Package. The new packaging still comes in a 100 g plastic tube.
Instructions for this product is to apply a thick layer after cleansing, leave on for 10-30 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water. There is no indication as to how often this product should be used.
The retailer where the Shangpree Pore Tightening Mask can be purchased suggests rinsing after 10 minutes and to use however often you want – they say for oily skin you might want to use this up to 4x per week, whereas drier skin types may want to use this mask 1x per week.
Personally, I use this mask whenever I feel like it. I don’t have a regimented method to my mask madness – if I feel like my skin is getting too greasy from hot summer days, or the blackhead action is getting out of control, I’ll use this mask. The first thing you’ll notice is that this mask is pretty hard to get out of the tube. Because it’s got kaolin clay in it, the consistency of the mask is thick, and unfortunately the design of the tube has the hole rather small. So beware, get your muscles ready!
You’ll need to squeeze the tube a fair few times to get enough product to smooth onto your face. I’m not sure if you can see in the picture below, but mask itself is actually light grey in colour. It goes on cool and smells faintly like herbs (I’m pretty sure what I’m smelling is ginseng). Once you’ve had it on for a couple of minutes it’ll start drying like matte paper (but it won’t start cracking). It’s crazy but I actually felt my face was physically being pulled in with the mask on.
Once the time is up, rinsing the mask off is pretty easy. It does take a little bit for the water to attach to the dried up mask. After rinsing off the mask, my face feels brighter, softer, and more supple than before using it.
- Honestly this is the best pore tightening mask I’ve tried. It does exactly what it says it’s supposed to do, and beyond.
- I purchased this mask as a part of the Shangpree Deluxe Home Spa set, which was $150 USD over at Peach and Lily. To be honest, if you’re going to a spa regularly, this set is totally worth your money as you’ll get multiple uses from this Pore Tightening Mask alone. You can also get this product on its lonesome here for $42 USD.
- The design of the tube really sucks. You really need to work to get the mask out of that tube. Hopefully this has changed with the new package design!
- This product is not available in Canada as far as I know. With the less than ideal exchange rate right now, getting this product is definitely $$$!
A resounding YES.
- This is a great mask to prep your skin for other skincare treatments leading up to an event. For example, prior to my wedding I used this mask to clear out my pores and hydrate my skin before using other products that variously helped to brighten and plump up my face. (I’ll share more beauty tips from my wedding in an upcoming series, hopefully very soon!)
- Do NOT leave this mask on for more than the recommended 10-30 minutes! I did not know this until very recently, but leaving any type of mask on for more than the recommended time reverses the hydration from your face back to the mask!