Why do the Korean 10 step skincare regime – a three part series
Part III: The final verdict and some tips for newcomers
So, is the 10 step Korean skincare regime necessary?
melbatee: My final answer would be that the 10 step Korean skincare routine is only “necessary” for those who want it. If you have naturally good skin, then anything extra beyond the basics is really just for kicks and giggles. On the other hand, if you have more problematic skin, then adding a few extra steps and products may help to address some of those skin issues. I don’t feel that you need to adopt the 10 step routine in its entirety for it to be effective. However, there is definitely something to gain from adopting the routine either in its entirety or in part.
nakanit: Mama nakanit does not adopt even close to the 10 step Korean regime, and she looks beautiful (people call her my sister!). So the answer is, no, the 10 step regime is not necessary. If taking care of your skin is a priority, it’s important to get educated about it, and make the lifestyle changes in accordance with that. I find the 10 step regime to be the cherry on top of an already healthy foundation.
What do you suggest for newcomers to the regime?
melbatee: For those who are interested in adopting the 10 step Korean skin care regime, I would suggest trying the following:
- Adding one step at a time.
- Adjust accordingly – you don’t really need all the steps. Just implement what fits your lifestyle, schedule, routine and skin – there is no perfect “right” approach, only what is right for you.
- Adding a serum and/or essence if you are looking to try adding only one or two products – I have found the essence and serum to add the most “value” to my skincare.
- Start by figuring out your skin type! Once you figure this out, you can start hunting for products more tailored to your needs.
- Don’t go crazy changing everything at once. It’s okay to finish using the last bit of your moisturizer. In the meantime, you can start adding steps that you are interested in.
- I would go for the “bare-bone basics” of the regime – water-based cleanser, toner, and moisturizer, and build from there.
What are your thoughts on the 10 step skincare regime? We’d love to hear your thoughts!