Hello everyone, nakanit here. If you’ve been following us at all, you’ll remember melbatee’s Japan trip announcement a couple of weeks back. It actually took me some time to throw this post together because there’s just so much that mr nakanit and I have been planning. Read on to find out a rough idea of what our plan is!
Anatomy of nakanit’s trip
- 3 weeks
- Week 1 – South Korea
- Weeks 2-3 – Japan
- Mar-Apr. 2017
- Honeymoon with mr nakanit
- Seeing/shopping for cool things
- Relaxing at a resort/spa/massage
- Partying in Seoul
What we wanna do
Because mr nakanit has never set foot in either country before, this trip will be a blend of the touristy and our interests. I’m pretty pumped for this trip because the last time I was in either country was over a decade ago, and I was with tour groups at the time. As much as I appreciate tour groups taking the headache out of planning an overseas trip, personally I want to have the flexibility of doing the experiences I want to do, at my own pace and on my own time.
With that in mind, mr nakanit and I have generated a rough idea of what we want to see and do, which sounds much like life here in North America. The feeling I get is that we’ll be on a super long date, but I mean it is a honeymoon, so why not?
- Shopping at Seoul’s various malls/markets
- Wandering different neighborhoods in Tokyo
- Catching a baseball game
- Attending a concert
- Club hopping in Hongdae, Seoul
- Going to an onsen (hot springs)
- Senso-ji (Tokyo)
- Akihabara (Tokyo)
- Nijo Castle (Kyoto)
- Osaka Castle (Osaka)
- Kinkaku-ji (the Golden Pavilion in Kyoto)
- Gyeongbokgung Palace (Seoul)
- Takoyaki in Osaka
- Sushi at Tsukiji Fish Market
- Traditional kaiseki meal in Kyoto
- Beer and chicken in Seoul
Stay tuned for more updates about me and melbatee’s trips to Japan! Questions or comments? Leave ’em below!
Photo credit: Jessica Fern Facette Photography