Cremorlab Shadow-Off Eye Cream Review
As my usual, go-to tube of eye cream, Dermalogica’s Intensive Eye Repair, came to its end and as I contemplated the growing presence of fine lines in general on my face, I thought that an upgrade or change of product was due. Not that Dermalogica’s Intensive Eye Repair wasn’t doing its job (I’ve been using it for the past 5 years or so and love it), I just thought that I should probably switch to something more intensive as I approach my 30s. :O So begins my search for a new eye cream! First up: the Cremorlab Shadow-Off Eye Cream – all the way from Korea!
The purpose of this eye cream is the help brighten dark circles and help smooth the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Cremorlab’s T.E.N. thermal water provides hydration while niacinamide, peptides and adenosine brightens, improves elasticity and fights fine lines.
The standard size for the product is a 15mL jar with a twist off lid. I’ve been using this product every day for about two months now and haven’t seen the bottom of the jar yet. Since the jar is semi opaque, I can’t tell when I’ll hit the bottom.
Just lightly tap the product on to your under eye area and eyelids after cleansing (and after a serum if you use one).
The product is a thick, white cream. It is very lightly scented… so light that I can’t really even describe what that scent is. The scent is hardly noticeable to me.
The product is hydrating enough and it soothes the fine lines under my eyes. It does, however, take a while to absorb and leaves an oily residue that I really dislike. The oily film does eventually go away I think (like a few hours later) – however, I’ve only checked on this once or twice as I generally try not to touch my face during the day.
I haven’t noticed any brightening effects, but I also don’t typically get dark circles under my eyes.
- It’s hydrating. The under eye area of my skin looks just as equally hydrated as it was when I was using my previous eye cream.
- Doesn’t cause me to breakout despite its more oily/thicker consistency (though I hardly consider not making me breakout a “plus” – it’s more like a baseline requirement for me).
- It doesn’t have vitamin A in it. I feel like the vitamin A in Dermalogica’s Intensive Eye Repair (my previous eye cream) really helped with preventing fine lines from developing or with at least diminishing the look of them under my eyes. This is based off of my own observations as well as on my research on the touted benefits of vitamin A and retinol (a more intensive version of vitamin A) in its anti-aging and wrinkle prevention properties.
- Whereas other areas of my face, which I have regrettably neglected until now, has started developing visible fine lines, the area under my eyes, where I had religiously cared for with Indeed Lab’s Hydraluron serum and Dermalogica’s Intensive Eye Repair, has not (or at least not as significantly as the other areas of my face). So, I feel that the combo of hyaluronic acid and vitamin A has really helped with the fine lines.
- Vitamin A and its derivatives (retinol and retinoid) is said to be one of the most effective anti-aging ingredients: http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/anti-aging/_/retinol-for-anti-aging.
- So, it’s not so much that this product is bad because it doesn’t have vitamin A in it, more so it’s just that I want an eye cream product that has vitamin A or retinol in it.
- It doesn’t absorb quickly and leaves an oily residue that doesn’t really go away until hours after application. This is one thing I really don’t like about any cream that goes on my face. My face is oily enough as it is.
- The open jar design leaves the product prone to contamination.
No. (It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t amazing either and it is not what I was looking for. I’m moving on and trying other products instead.)
- In my research on this product, the Cremorlab Shadow-Off Eye Cream is highly acclaimed for how well it deals with dark circles. I don’t typically get dark circles, so I don’t know how effective it is in this regard. Might be worthwhile for those who do have problems with dark circles to give this product a try.