Tokyo Neon Nights Nail Art
Since I last wrote about nail art here on EggsOnTheWall, I’ve been doing a bit of experimenting with different colors and designs, practicing my stamping skills and gathering inspiration on Pinterest. I’ve also been collecting more and more nail art supplies (stamps, stamping plates, and nail polish). As a result, I’m finally ready to share a new nail art design of mine, inspired by my recent trip to Japan as well as nakanit’s current one (follow her travels on our Instagram account here).
Tokyo is known for its streets flooded with neon lights at night and that is what inspired me to create this design. The bright pink and blue reminds me of the neon lights against a dark blue sky. The cute icons are just… well Japanese and kawaii. I like the contrast of the brighter colors against the darker blue base color. The accent nails are also a way for me to wear the brighter colors, as I don’t think I could wear all five nails in those super bright colors. At least that’s the case for my own personal taste anyways. What do you guys think of it?
- MoYou stamping polish in Beach House
- MoYou stamping polish in Pink!
- MoYou stamping polish in Sweet Custard
- Nails Inc. nail polish in Baker Street
- Nails Inc. NailKale Superfood Base Coat
- OPI Original Start to Finish Base Coat, Top Coat & Strengthener
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- MoYou stamping plate – Tourist Collection #11
- MoYou stamping plate – Pro Collection #1
- Clear Jelly Stamper – The Big Bling XL Stamper
- MoYou Scrapers
I hope you guys like it. If you have any questions about how I did it or the materials I used, let me know in the comments below!